?

Log in

No account? Create an account
19 November 2011 @ 05:52 pm
It's been a long night, maybe even longer than the others. It's always harder to sleep on a moving train when you're worried another beast might come out of nowhere to try to snap you up in its jaws. Fortunately they only encountered the one, and although it was a tiresome battle, everybody managed to use their wits and teamwork to kill it.

Sure, some of the cars have seen better days, but enough are in tact to provide a quiet rest for the time being.

That is, until the subway train slows and tilts, almost like it's heading upward. It's a subtle change, but certainly enough to wake up any residents who managed to get any sleep.

What now? Are they reaching the exit?

[ ooc; Plot Info | Reading List | Plot Chat (cryptomania) | Discuss Findings! The fight mentioned is also still being backtagged, but it was decided they would have ended up killing it. Yaaaay! ]

ABOUT TO CRASH
AFTERMATH
VOTING TIME!
→ Since it was decided that they'll split up, some stay behind while others get rushed to the border, you guys can add travel or camp sections if you like or even make action posts. :) Those who leave 'now', helping along the injured, should reach the border by Sunday afternoon. Those who stay behind should reach it by Monday morning.
Camp
 
 
18 November 2011 @ 09:21 pm
Days of wandering around in the dark suiting you well?

There's been some good progress -- finding stuff, escaping from lava-savvy octopuses, dealing with giant dogs, fixing trains, exploring cities and castles. How much more can there be, really?

But Team 5 has the subway up and running, and they're making their way down the tracks to each station. They're a bit wary -- they had heard noises down the tunnel and stepped in puddles of saliva, but they hadn't actually seen anything. Maybe whatever it was is gone?

Meanwhile, all the other groups are trying to find their way out. Conveniently, they've all come to subway stations. And honk honk, here comes the train!



[Order goes stations for 2, 3, 1, 4 -- as soon as your team gets picked up, you can join any following thread.]
Tags:
 
 
16 November 2011 @ 05:17 pm
The travelers should keep moving. Their path only heads one direction, so that direction is the one they'll take!

It leads them to a staircase, and what a monstrous staircase it is: massive spiral steel stairs leading down into the dark. Down there is what looks like an underground train station, complete with train in the bay.

It looks like a subway. A futuristic one, with a sleek outer shell and a minimalist, highly stylized interior, its cockpit built with an almost Apple-like interface. It's designed to be easy to operate, it seems. Now, though, it has fallen into disuse. The subway train sits on its tracks to collect dust, confined to these lonely tunnels, but still its open doors seem to be inviting one in to go somewhere new.

And it's even working, sort of: there's a little white light on the dash, one that fades in and out, almost like the machine is breathing slowly in its sleep. It doesn't seem to wake up, though; no button or switch seems to bring it out of that sleep. There's a panel on the front, though; with a little pressure one could get it open, and with a bit of ingenuity, one might be able to get it running. That is, of course, if they can find tools and parts.

And there's a map, too, on the inside of the subway car: it looks like the tracks run in a path beneath a city. Notable is the main station: CASTLE LOBBY. Huh...

Inside the station, there's a door to a service area. Maybe they can find some tools or parts down there...


TEAM FIVE
Alleria Windrunner
Daine Sarrasri
Fifth Doctor
Fluttershy
Kitty Pryde
Sylvanas Windrunner
Uzumaki Naruto
Vereesa Windrunner
Violet Baudelaire
York and Delta
Zelos Wilder
Tags:
 
 
16 November 2011 @ 04:48 pm
Now there's a sight you don't see every day.

This is probably the most open space they've seen since they entered: from their place at the edge of the treeline, they can see that they're probably in the world's biggest underground arena. It's so big, in fact, that they can see an entire city stretched out around a giant castle, the top half of it squashed by the roof of the cavern. It's a startling sight, for sure, given the creepy familiarity of it.

Again, didn't they just leave Paradisa?




TEAM FOUR
Anders
Apollo
Daisy Wick
Kaito Tsukanda
Kat-320
Kuchiha
Minnie Mouse
Noble Six
Sir Durge
Stephanie Brown
Ted Mosby
Temperance Brennan
Tags:
 
 
16 November 2011 @ 04:28 pm
Team One and Two are kicking themselves right now, but you don't have to... because you got the easy route.

They'll find themselves at a grand set of double doors. It's easily opened, revealing...





TEAM THREE
Ashura
Colette Brunel
Felix Harrowgate
Hellboy
Jr.
Kallen Kouzuki
Nepeta Lejion
Nudge
Ray Stantz
Sherlock Holmes
The Rookie
Vriska Serket
Uchiha Sasuke
Tags:
 
 
 
16 November 2011 @ 04:14 pm
Last we left our team, they were stuck in front of a random-as-fuck metal door with a touchpad. A working touchpad, mind you. It's either wait there to die or figure it out.





TEAM TWO
Arthur Pendragon
Asano Rin
Katharine Pierce
Helen Magnus
Hermione Granger
James Watson
John Egbert
Lana Lang
River Song
Rose Lalonde
Terezi Pyrope
Vanyel Ashkevron
Winifred Burkle
Yamanaka Ino
Tags:
 
 
16 November 2011 @ 04:10 pm
Let's go, shall we?

They seem to be on a path that wraps around the side of a large, rather impressive building. The architecture is all old-fashioned, and far above them they can see the remains of balconies and windows. Once upon a time, this area might have been a walkway or something, but now it's all cracked and screwed up and destroyed. They're just going to have to make their way through the rubble best they can.





TEAM ONE
Agent Carolina
Allen Walker
Alleyne
Coraline Jones
Django
Eleventh Doctor
Gwaine
Jet
Nico di Angelo
Percy Jackson
Ritsu Kasanoda
Son Goku
Thomas Elliot
Xena
Tags:
 
 
15 November 2011 @ 04:45 pm
Morning, walking, exploring, lunch, afternoon, walking, exploring, dinner, walking...

Though it's impossible to tell from the lack of natural lighting, it's nightfall. They've been moving all day.

The path is fairly simple, and though it turns this way and that, it does seem to be one continuous line. At this rate, it could go on for another two minutes or another two hours or another two hundreds hours. How do they know when they've gone far enough that they should just turn back?

Of course, that time comes to them sooner rather than later. They come to a large chamber, the ceiling going high and the bottom going low, with a single, large bridge connecting one end of the chamber to the other end. It looks no less structurally sound than all the others, but given the fact that I wrote that sentence, you know that it's going to collapse anyway. That's a lot of bullshit to put characters through, Jenn.

It turns out, the structural integrity of the bridge doesn't matter. All the adventurers could be standing in the middle of it and jump up and down over and over again and it wouldn't budge, not one inch.

It will, however, budge because of the earthquake.


NAVIGATION
Crossing the Bridge
Rumbling and Chaos
Team One and Two
Team Three and Five
Team Four
HEAD COUNT
 
 
Imagine this.

All is quiet.

It's dark.

You're in a tomb, making camp in a cavernous hallway. Think the Mines of Moria; beautiful arched ceilings, so high that the firelight can't bring the tops of the pillars into relief. Sounds seem to disappear into the endless amounts of space. Everyone has settled down for the night, save a few lone night owls keeping watch. You can see the outlines of all the sleeping bodies, through their sleeping bags and blankets.

No one moves at all.

Then there's a noise -- a slight flutter, something coming from above, and then a faint "pop".

Someone sits bolt upright, clutching their shoulder.

"What the fuck was that?"

It's quiet again.

The person pulls back their sleeve -- a sleeve with a small punctured hole in it -- to discover they are bleeding. Not much, but just enough to notice the warm trickle. Like a fat needle, or a pinprick.

They announce this to the night owls. People are starting to stir in their beds just as there's another fluttering noise and another pop, and someone ELSE bolts upright.

They've been "popped", too, this time on the back.

Everyone's waking up. There's a tension, waiting for another flutter to come from the darkness above.

And then someone sees it -- a finch bird zipping down, barely the size of a tennis ball. It has to careen up and away when someone reaches up to bat it away, preventing another stab.

The firelight only shows them that much... but suddenly everyone looks up, realizing the entire ceiling could be covered in these things, waiting for them to sleep.

Fucking vampire finches.


[ ooc; Plot Info | Reading List | Plot Chat (cryptomania) | Everyone's Reactions.

It's a free-for-all! No sections will be added for now. Fight back, or find somewhere to hide! The injuries themselves are small—the size of a mosquito bite—but they can add up. They can be killed, but the assault will last for a few hours. ]
 
 
14 November 2011 @ 12:42 pm
After packing up camp and heading up, they reach their destination only an hour north.

The tomb is just a little off the road, a massive door with intricate carvings around the frame in an unknown script. The characters in the script are made up entirely by straight lines. Given that straight lines lend themselves well to carving, it may indicate that whoever created this script was used to carving in stone. The door looks like it will open, as the hinges are intact, but it's ridiculously heavy and will need a lot of people to pull on those big carved handles.

Heave ho?